Wednesday 18 July 2012

Doodle doodle

I have been quite bored lately but fortunately, and I recently got a new iMac (YIPPEE!) and a very swanky new photoshop. So I had a little play around and created this illustration. I based it around the composition of 1940's/1950's Hollywood actress portraits, after falling in love with Francesco Carrozzini's "Screen Tests" for the New York Times - especially Natalie Portman's test, as I think it's really, really simple yet beautiful and kind of harrowing all at the same time ha. While searching for a quirky aesthetic and style for this idea, I have a Catcher in the Rye poster in my room which served as a great source of stylistic inspiration! Take a look and tell me what you think. I may develop on this idea further with a Film Noir theme instead though. Incidentally, you should all read Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, if you have not already. Fantastic novel.

Peace.


Reference 1

Reference 2

Reference 3





No comments:

Post a Comment

Animation | Lighting | Compositing. All posts are copyright of Stephanie Dewhirst.